Code of Conduct
As a member of the North Beach Football Club you make a commitment to uphold the values, traditions and standards of a club that has a proud and rich history in the WA Amateur Football League. As a club, in more than 50 years of competition, we are renowned for our winning culture, but also our sense of fair play. It is every member’s responsibility to ensure that this mantra is passed on to the next generation and that you leave the club in a better position than when you arrived. People pass through the club as part of different eras, but responsibility for the club’s legacy rests with you.
As such this Code of Conduct sets a benchmark for our expectations of each other as individuals and as a club collective. Please adhere to this code to protect and enhance the reputation of a club that is dear to us all – the North Beach Football Club.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Play by and adhere to the rules as determined by the WAAFL.
- Value safety, fair play and welfare above personal prestige and gain.
- Accept the authority of all umpires and game officials.
- Wear the North Beach jumper with pride and be a good sport.
- Treat all participants in your sport, as you would like to be treated.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, race, religion, colour or cultural background. Vilification will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
- Members will represent themselves in an honest manner and without bringing the Club or the game into disrepute.
- Abide by the Constitution, policies and practices of the Club and the WAAFL.
- Be supportive at all times and refrain from personal abuse or unnecessary physical contact with team members and opposition players.
- Foster respect for umpires, opponents, coaches, administrators, other officials, parents, spectators and the North Beach Community.
- Reject the use of performance enhancing substances in sport and will abide by the guidelines set forth in the AFL Drug Policy.
- Recognise and abide by the responsible consumption of alcohol policies according to the Club, WAAFL and Liquor Authorities. All drinking of alcohol is banned outside the licensed area and will be policed.
- Act responsibly in consuming alcohol and do not create unnecessary risks that create a threat to other members, spectators, opponents and the community. This includes being responsible for noise levels when leaving the ground after games and training.
- Respect and not wilfully damage or remove (without permission) the property of the Club and that of other opposition clubs.
- Members are responsible for the conduct of their guests whilst on club premises and at North Beach Football Club functions.
- Be willing to help out and volunteer to assist the Committee, Coaches and team mates and ensure a collective effort towards the smooth operation of the club.
- Members are required to wear a decent standard of dress when at the club. Members representing the club will wear a club polo shirt with neat attire on game day. Members are not permitted to wear football boots in the social hall. Members and guests are required to wear neat attire including footwear when in the social hall.
© Copyright 2018 North Beach Football Club